Forms for my initial appointment
Why do people seek psychotherapy?
People come into therapy for various reasons. Some people are seeking relief from their current symptoms, others need support through a difficult life transition, and some may be seeking personal growth and exploration.
How long does the process of psychotherapy take?
It depends from person to person. As each person is unique, everyone’s therapy will be personalized to meet his or her specific needs. With time you will come to a deeper understanding of yourself, and it is through having this understanding that you can choose different ways of being in the world. Therapy is a process, and it is important to keep in mind that often times you may feel worse before you start feeling better.
What benefits can I expect from psychotherapy?
A number of benefits are possible from participating in your healing process. To name a few…
- Managing anger, depression, anxiety, and other emotions that used to overwhelm you
- Moving past old patterns that leave you feeling stuck
- Developing skills to cope with life stressors
- Developing more intimate and meaningful relationships
- Creating a positive relationship with food and your body
- Attaining a deeper understanding of yourself
- Finding a balance between caring for yourself and caring for others
- Connecting to your children in a meaningful way
- Regaining your sense of self-worth, developing self-compassion and a sense of self-trust
- Healing past wounds and traumas
- Understanding your self-sabotaging behaviors and gaining a grasp over these patterns
- Unleashing your creativity
- Restoring a sense of hope
How long are sessions and how often do people attend therapy?
Sessions are 50 min. in length. Individuals often come to psychotherapy one time per week, but many also gain much benefit from coming multiple times per week. Together we will determine the frequency of your sessions.
Do you take insurance?
I am not part of any insurance panels and I'm considered “out of network.” I can provide you with a Superbill at the end of the month, which you can submit to your insurance. You will be reimbursed a certain amount depending on the type of insurance you have.
Initial session and fees
The initial session will serve as a consultation, where you can get a feel for what it would be like to work with me. We will set the fee and schedule for sessions during this time.